About Ecosystem Restoration Camps
Ecosystem Restoration Camps Foundation is a Dutch non-profit foundation with 1000 pledged members from over 75 countries around the world. In 2017, it is our objective to finance the building and maintenance of the first Ecosystem Restoration Camp in Spain. Once the first camp is established, we will help set up more restoration camps worldwide.
We strategically chose The Netherlands as a base for the organization because the country is well known for its open-minded, corruption-free environment. These conditions allow us to operate as a charity with few legal and accounting obstacles. The foundation structure enables us to work with an executive Board of Directors, a volunteer and financially responsible Supervisory Board and a strategical Advisory Council.
The cooperation of members organises its work in circles that regularly meet in a General Assembly.
Advisory Council – Roles and Responsibilities
The Advisory Council gives strategic advice and guidance to the Supervisory Board and the General Assembly. John D. Liu is currently serving as director of the advisory board.
Supervisory Board – Roles and Responsibilities
- Are responsible and accountable for all decisions of the Foundation.
- Appoint a Board of Directors and supervise the day-to-day affairs of the Foundation.
- Supervise the budget, financial planning, and reporting process.
- Approve annual plans, financial statements, reports, and budgets.
- Oversee strategy and help to minimize risks associated with the Foundation’s activities, regulation and compliance issues.
- Translate the vision and mission of the Foundation into strategic policy plans.
- Support the General Assembly and circles with individual knowledge and collective wisdom.
Board of the Directors
Board of Directors – Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as a daily representative to the Foundation and are being paid for their time if that time is substantial.
- Are accountable to the Supervisory Board. To be clear: the Supervisory Board is responsible for decisions of the Foundation.
- Adopt, prepare, and execute the Foundation’s policy.
- Manage the budget of the Foundation and produce its annual reports.
- Are appointed by the Supervisory Board.