Be a Hero for Ecosystem Restoration Camps
Together, we can make our camps a reality
You can support this movement by spreading awareness, recruiting members, and increasing donations to support the camps.
Fundraising for such an initiative is an exciting and important task. We still live in a reality where money is still needed to fund projects. Of course, we believe this will change as new forms of exchanging value arise, but to make these camps a reality, fundraising is needed.
Community Fundraising Ideas
1. Organise a Meetup
- Find a beautiful place such as a permaculture garden, an open cafe, or your own backyard.
- Think about the time. A meetup is typically 2 hours or more. Is your target group available on weekends, on evenings. Do you want to offer them something to eat, etc.?
- Cover your costs. If you know your budget (place and food/drinks) and the amount of people expected, you know how much to ask of attendees. Try to keep the entrance fee around 10/15 €/$ to cover the costs.
- Let us know. If you tell us about it, we can assist you with your presentation and we can try to arrange for John D. Liu, active members, neighbourhood leaders to help you on the ground. If John cannot attend physically, he can certainly call in or send a video message.
- We’re here to help. We can also help you promote the event and you can use our meetup tool. This is very easy to use and helps to not only organise the event, but also attract new people to it.
- Hold a movie night. People often screen the movie Green Gold and then organise a discussion. We can provide you with a short presentation and flyers.
- Be confident and spread the word. Make sure you ask your attendees to become an Ecosystem Restoration Camp member and to help make the camps a reality because you believe this work is important. This movement is about taking action together. If we, collectively, do not work to improve the health of this planet, who will? Please invite others to share in our hope for a better world.
These are just some suggestions for a standard meetup, but meetups can be picnics, outdoor nature events, etc. We are open to collaboration and would love to hear from you so please don’t hesitate to contact our Fundraising team if you want to chat about your idea.
Marieke Karssen has organized a few meetups now in The Netherlands. She shares her approach in this blog and we made a small movie about it.
2. Help to create donors
Are you or are people you know getting married? Why not ask guests for a donation? It works. Just share your excitement about our mission with them. Our movement is unique because it is a people-based,non-bureaucratic initiative that involves renowned permaculture experts and global changemakers. You can offer both memberships and one-time donations to your guests.
Do you know of companies that are searching for meaningful sponsorships? Please get in touch with us and we will help you.
3. Help with online content and campaigns
The Ecosystem Restoration Camps blog is up and running and we need content from our members. Feel free to explore any topic that you desire. For example, you could write, film, or podcast about: lifestyle, ecological restoration permaculture, climate change, how you organised a fundraising event, your experience at the camp, or even your desire to volunteer at camp.
You can also contribute by sharing a short vlog with us, which will be featured in a promotional video for Ecosystem Restoration Camps. Please state who you are, in what country you live, and why you are enthusiastic about Ecosystem Restoration Camps. To get a better idea, have a look at Marieke presenting herself here.
4. Join the communications team
We need online volunteers. We are on the lookout for communication and WordPress experts, press and communication wizards, data analysts and mailing list builders, designers for flyers and presentations, videographers, animators, and more. High quality content is everything for us so all help is welcome. We hold a communication ZOOM meeting every other Wednesday (the uneven week numbers) at 18.00 GMT. Just download ZOOM, install it, and then visit our Zoom link See you there!
Feel free to reach out to our fundraising team.